Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bookmark of my Boy

I have been thinking of making a bookmark like this for a while. It all started with the colors. I saw this awesome combo of orange and turquoise on a Nickelodeon commercial. Then, the background began by using some circles as masks and adding some stamping over that. The compass is embossed with copper, the colors are sponged on top of it, and finally it is cut out and adhered on top of the bookmark and picture. Supplies: Stamps-Father Knows Best (Papertrey Ink), Finest Flourishes (Stampin' Up!); Ink - Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Tempting Turquoise (Stampin' Up!), Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Ranger); Other - bookmark, tassel, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch, copper embossing powder, sponges. I love using my new bookmark - it just makes me smile. Thanks for dropping in for a visit. Donelda

4 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

I'm so impressed at your source of inspiration....proves you can find inspiration ANYWHERE, LOL! The background is gorgeous and rich-looking. And of course the picture is wonderful! What a handsome boy you've got!

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful group of techniques and what a cute kiddo! I could see where that bookmark would bring a smile every time you see it!!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

This is a great idea Donelda and love the colours you have chosen.

:) Marcia
SBS4

Chris (catt871) said...

GOREEEEEJUUSSSSSS!!!!!! WOW, those colours are awesome!!!! It would sure make me want to read more!!!! :)