Friday, February 27, 2009

Quilted Birthday

I made this for my mother in law's birthday. She is a real sewer so I bought this Papertrey Ink set specifically to make her a birthday card.
See that little button on there, well, it is one of my 'Grandma Mary's' buttons....my mother in laws' mother. I have a jar of these various buttons that I only use when making family cards!! It makes them rather special.
I really like this color combination and I think I will use it more often!!
Supplies: Stamps - Quilter's Sample (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Buckaroo Blue (Stampin' Up!), Paper - Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Buckaroo Blue, Very Vanilla (Stampin Up!); Other - Twill, hemp, button (from Grandma Mary's stash), dimensionals.
Thanks for dropping in.
Donelda

3 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Ooooh! I like the new template for your blog!

The card is gorgeous, as usual! I love the thread sort of watermarked behind the sentiment...a lovely finishing touch! And the color combo makes me wish I'd bought buckaroo blue. So pretty.

Jessica G. said...

I've been admiring this set for a while and you've definitely done it justice. I agree with Susan -- the thread behind the sentiment is such a great touch and I love the story behind the button!

Juanita said...

Fabulous. This is a great card with so many special little bits, like the 'family button' and the twill. love how you plan came together.