Friday, February 6, 2009

Thankful Apples!

If you haven't heard the news then you haven't been blogging in the right place!! Nichole Heady from Papertrey Trey Ink announced today on her blog that PTI will be selling multi-packs of the 2008 color cardstocks!! I am thrilled!! I've been holding off buying the cardstock because she had indicated earlier in the year that she would be doing this.
As well, she announced that she would be drawing for a special prize package....a year's supply of PTI cardstock!!! Are you kidding me??!! I am so excited!! And all you have to do to qualify is to participate in the first ever PTI color challenge. Nichole has been making some awesome "rainbow" cards using these colors:
They make an awesome color combination!! So I decided to take the opportunity to make thank you cards for my sons teachers...for the end of the year. I know, it is a bit early but my valentines are all finished...and I really liked the idea of using the apple punch!!
So, I took some of the red, yellow, and green and punched out these awesome apples. Then, I took a strip of the blue and punched circles in it. I added the sentiment in a matching blue ink and then adheared the blue and apples with dimensionals. You can see the "pop" here in this photo.

I put all of this on a picece of white cardstock and then adheared that to a blue card base. I really like the clean and simple feel of the end result.
Supplies: Stamps-First Fruits (Papertrey Ink); Paper- Summer Sun, Stampers Select White (Papertrey Ink), Ridinghood Red, Old Olive, Buckaroo Blue (Stampin' Up!); Ink-Buckaroo Blue (Stampin' Up!); Other - apple punch (Martha Stewart), 1 1/4" circle punch (Stampin' Up!), dimensionals (Stampin' Up!).
Okay, now just to cross my fingers and hope to win the year's supply of cardstock...I'd be in heaven!!
Thanks for dropping in everyone!
Donelda

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Donelda, I just wanted to say I like your cute card. I'll save a discussion of religion for another day, lol!

Anonymous said...

Wow great card!!

And Wow---that is some Spam email!!

Yaneri said...

wow, that sure was a long comment above me! That was nice! But about your card now...lol! Very nice! I like how the apples pop up! Nice done!
This is also my 1st PT challenge

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Oh dear Donelda, I think you have been hit by a meanie!

Great card, those apples look great popped up like that!

:) Marcia

Anonymous said...

Darling card Donelda. Wonder how you get rid of such spam such as your first comment.

Susan Raihala said...

Donelda, your card is AWESOME...totally sleek and sophisticated and clean! How in the world did you get the three circles punched so perfectly? I gotta know 'cause I gotta case this one, apparently very soon. ;-)

Deanna said...

Gorgeous Donelda! The only thing that would make it better is if you sent it to me... **giggle**!

Maile Belles said...

Wow! What a great card!

Juanita said...

fab work with the colors