Saturday, February 7, 2009

You Believed in Me - PTI sketch challenge

Yes, here is my second post for the day. I a tutorial on lining up circle punches earlier today so you should scroll down or click on the link if you want to see it!
This card is my PTI sketch challenge entry! On Nichole Heady's blog this morning she announced that she will be giving away every color and style of ribbon to one lucky person!! Can you imagine having all that delicious ribbon!! I sure can, so I hopped to getting this card made.
Nichole is so creative. Along with the challenge she announced that PTI will be carrying the cutest "Bitty Dot" paper...lovely tiny dots on all the wonderful PTI colors!! And new "bitty dot" ribbon. How lovely. So, she designed a "dot-to-dot" sketch. Hehehe, you had to print off the "puzzler" and finish the dot to dot to actually see the card layout!! What a girl!!
So, here is my card. I love the look of white craft ink on dark cardstock!! Yum !! And see that yellow strip with the butterflies...they were done with my Cuttlebug. I was laying in bed the other night ... thinking of crafting ... what, I'm supposed to be sleeping...sheesh!! Anyway, I was laying in bed and wondering if I could put my stencils through my cuttlebug. You know the kind, the gold light weight stencils that we buy from Stampin up and other companies...that are to be used with a hand held stylus and dry embossed, or like a sencil and colored in. Well, I tried this awesome butterfly stencil by Dreamweaver...and it worked!! I colored these butterflies with my white prismacolor pencil crayon to make the pop a bit more!!
The rest of the card is pretty straight forward. I'm crossing my fingers that all the ribbon will be mine!! LOL.
Supplies: Stamps-Garden of Life, Father Knows Best (Papertrey Ink), Ink - craft White, Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!); Paper - Whisper White, More Mustard (Stampin' Up!), blue (unknown); Other - Cuttlebug, rectangle die (Spellbinders), butterfly stencil (Dreamweaver), white pencil crayon (Prismacolor), scallop scissors (Provocraft), dimensionals.
Thanks for dropping in today!! Enjoy your weekend...I know I will, I plan to stamp all day!!
Donelda

6 comments:

Sam said...

that's a beautiful card!! Why can't I make cards like that - clearly I think too simply when it comes to cards!

Babies-Beth said...

What a great idea, Donelda! I have a box of those stencils, and rarely look through them- embossing with a mchine is such a great idea! I love your card!

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

Very Cute! Good luck!!

Unknown said...

YOUR CARDS ARE ALWAYS SO GORGEOUS! LOVE THE SENTIMENT!

Jessica G. said...

Great job on the sketch challenge! The sentiment panel on the Nesties rectangle is so 'you' -- simply elegant!

Cheryl said...

This is such a pretty card. The embossing turned out so well on the strip. Great work.