Saturday, March 7, 2009

Loonie Stamper Challenge #30 - Butterflies

It was Maria's turn this week to pick the Loonie Stamper Challenge and she decided to go with Butterflies!! Well, I can "do" butterflies!! Can you tell we are all desperately waiting for spring to arrive....as it is blizzarding outside my window tonight!! Yuck!!
So, I pulled out my Spiral Bouquet from Papertrey Ink. I bought it back in October and....today is the first time it has seen ink...if you can believe that!!
I decided to use this sentiment and it fit nicely on the longest die from my nestability lable set. Then, I used some Colorbox chalk inks to add the large and medium flower onto the white card base along with some black swirls. Finished it off with some black organdy ribbon and a beautiful pomegranet butterfly!
Now you have to go check out what the Loonie girls did with butterflies:
Supplies: Stamps - Spiral Bouquet (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Brialliance Graphic Black (Archival), blues (Colorbox Chalk inks); Paper - Whisper White (Stampin' Up!), blue (Bazzill), Pomegranet paper (Stampin' Up!); Other - butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), long die nestability (Spellbinders), organdy ribbon and dimensionals (Stampin' Up!).
Thanks for dropping in!
Donelda

10 comments:

Deanna said...

Gorgeous Donelda! I love the pop of red! Briilaint! Thanks so much for playing!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Yes - what Dee said:) This is gorgeous, Donelda! I love the background you created with that set - it's so inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Oh D!! That is so pretty. I have that set and not sure I have EVER used it. Crikey. Love your color combo.

Hey, what is Wiggy BTW?

Regan said...

well look at you go!!! Love that you're back!

Susan Raihala said...

WOW! This is GORGEOUSLY spring-y and the red butterfly is truly inspired!

Jessica G. said...

Warm wishes coming your way, Donelda! Beautiful card; I really like the butterfly punch and the sentiment on the Nestie label is perfect!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Donelda, love the red butterfly!!

Kelly L said...

What a beautiful creation. I love the pretty bg you created with the stamps, the lovely red butterfly popped up to give us an awesome focal point on the lovely sentiment and label. :) Gorgeous! Kel

P.S. -- Stop by my blog when you can. I have an award for you there, my friend!

Juanita said...

Love it. Makes me feel like our snow will melt eventually.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.