Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop - March - Backgrounds

It is that time again, Papertrey Ink's Blog Hop. Nichole always thinks up great challenges for these fun nights!! This time, she wanted us to create our own backgrounds. I was so excited because this is one of my favorite things to do with PTI stamps. They are perfect for this because you can see through them to get placement perfect.
While PTI has many sets designed to easily create backgrounds, like Polka Dot Basics, Guide Lines I, Guide Lines II, Background Basics: Stars, Background Basics: Retro, Demask Designs, and Beyond Basic Borders. They are all great but I like to create my own backgrounds with bits and pieces of different sets! It allows for me to tap into my own creativity.
So, here is the piece of background I created. I was totally inspired by Betsy Veldman's Mother card so I started with the solid flower image from Beautiful Blooms in Spring Moss. Then I added the 4 small dots between them using Summer Sunrise. Finally, I used one of the flower centers from Lisa's Remember set using Plum Pudding. Since the colors looked so "springy" I decided to make an Easter card. I cut and embossed an oval from white cardstock using my nestabilities. Then, I added the little chick from Birds of a Feather and a sentiment from Limitless Lables. I added a bit of sponging on the bottome for grass while keeping the nestability die still on it.
I added a bit of Lavender Moon ribbon and attached the oval with dimensions. I didn't want to cover up the pretty background I had created so I just left it simple. Of course, once I got stared creating backgrounds, I didn't want to stop. I also made this one with Kraft cardstock, and white and Plum Pudding ink. The lines are created with the Guide Lines set but the flowers come from Text Boxed set. I haven't had time to create a card with it but you will be seeing something down the road for sure!
Now, off to check out the rest of the blog hoppers to see what backgrounds they created. Thanks for dropping in!!
Donelda

28 comments:

Donna said...

Wow! These are great! I'm definitely going to have to check out those stamps.

Jennifer Holmes said...

Very nicely done! I love the little chick:)

Tricia T said...

Lovely backgrounds!!

Lisa said...

Great job!

IamDerby said...

What a great card!

BethieJ said...

Your card is lovely! so springy!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great job using other sets for patterns. You rocked the background challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Courtney Baker said...

This is so cool. I didn't even recognize the blog from beautiful blooms.

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!! tfs!!
-t

Lee said...

Great job.Your card is lovely.

Scrapping Julie said...

so lovely. soft and sweet.

Lisa H. said...

just lovely! colors and design are both stunning! love what you did here!

peggysue said...

It gets addictive, doesn't it? I am going to have to try your color combination, I don't use my plum pudding nearly enough. What a great job you did! These are lovely!

Deanna said...

Wow totally awesome Donelda! Love!

Melissa said...

These are beautiful! I love the first background with the beautiful blooms flower!

Dana Gustafson said...

Your easter card is precious. You really thought out of the box on your background!

Karen said...

Such a pretty background....love how you combined the sets!! :>s

Tiffany Heilman said...

Great color combo. Love how you used the purple and green for the easter card

Daniela Dobson said...

This is so pretty and I love your bow!

Melanie said...

Cute card! I love that little chick!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is gorgeous.

Lynn P. said...

Very pretty

Dana said...

Oh my gosh Donelda! Beautiful blooms? NO WAY! It looks so amazing...and you are one talented girl! the finished card is very pretty.

Lizzie Jones said...

I love that you used older sets that I don't think to reach for as often as I should. You did a beautiful job! Thanks for sharing!

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful job with the backgrounds, Donelda! These are such gorgeous DPs, more intricate than so many pre-fab DPs and definitely more personalized!!

Anonymous said...

Both of your stamped backgrounds are so pretty! I love the colors!

Terri said...

I am still catching up on blogs from the hop the other not. Nice job on both of them. I especially like the soft colors you used.

Unknown said...

Donelda - your blog hop stuff is just fab!!! sorry it's taken me so long to get round the hop!!