Thursday, July 16, 2009

SALE at smARTworks and a smART card !!

Hey everyone!! I am starting to feel a bit more myself and a bit more caught up in life since returning from our vacation.
You should know that smARTworks is going to have a HUGE sale which will run fromJuly 18 - 28th!! A ten day Super Sale that you don't want to miss!! All in -stock rubber will be 40% off!! Are you kidding me!!?? That is one awesome sale!! So head on over to smARTworks on the 18th and make sure you let them know that I sent you if you decide to buy anything!! *wink* HERE is where you can check out the on-line catalog.
If you need inspiration on using the smARTworks rubber, you need to check out the Design Team's Cookie Jar. There are lots of examples in the jar using smART rubber!!
And here is another smARTworks card make with the Swirly-gigs stamp set. I love, love, loved that particular flower in the set so I decided to make some background paper with it. I did the rock n' roll technique with it and loved the result. For the focal image, I simply stamped the outline bird in brown ink (there is a solid bird too in the set!!) and then stamped the wing bit onto an scrap piece of my home-made background, cut it out and adhered it in place. Some ribbon, brads, and a button finished off the card.
Supplies: Stamps – Swirly-gigs (smARTworks); Ink – Chocolate Chip (Stampin’ Up!), Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart (Papertrey Ink); Paper – Chocolate Chip, Whisper White (Stampin’ Up!), Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink); Other – Summer Sunrise twill (Papertrey Ink), brads (Stampin; Up!), button (Walmart), white floss (DCM), Dimensionals.
I hope you all have a good summer day. It is supposed to get hot here....for the first time all year!! That is good news. I think we will be heading to the farmer's market!!
Enjoy!
Donelda

3 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

So cute! Love how you made the bg paper with rock and roll...such fun colors, too!

Juanita said...

Ack! perfect, just perfect.
i too just got back from a holiday and one of the first 'getting caught up' tasks is checking on my blog ladies.

Steph said...

Oh, this is a great one too!