Saturday, May 23, 2009

Black, Grey + One - challenge from Basic Grey

I am forever making cards that meet challenges but I never seem to get them uploaded to actaully enter the challenge!! Here is a card that fits that category. A few weeks ago, the Basic Grey blog had a challenge to use Black, Grey and One (meaning to use the colors black and grey plus one other color). I decided to use this strip of butterflies from their Abrosia line. It is called Winsome and contains lots of different colored butterflies, but I strategically cut the black and grey ones out to use. The other color is red...or maybe the cream...I guess it is a bit of a cheat!!
I also added an oval of grey paper from Stampin' Up! cut and embossed using my oval Nestabilities. Finally, I stamped a sentiment from Quilters Sampler by Papertrey Ink. The little swirl under the sentiment is from Faux Ribbon (also from Papertrey Ink). One tiny gem to add a bit of bling!! Thanks for dropping in!!! Donelda

7 comments:

marciad said...

Beautiful card. Love how you used the butterfly paper trimmed out.

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous, Donelda! The strip of butterflies is the perfect touch against the dark background --who needs stamps when you have Basic Grey? OK, I still need my stamps, but this is a wonderful CAS card!!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love Basic Grey! And the dark cardstock is perfect for this!

Pauline said...

Lovely card, lovely butterflies :o)

Juanita said...

Wonderful work. I bookmark all these challenges, but then rarely get back to even play with them, so you are already a few steps ahead of me.

Joy Jenkins said...

ooohhhh!!!! I love this card. Bailey delivered your message and I will be posting soon - just have to finish my quilts. Thanks for caring, Donelda!! You're sweet!

Mary I said...

What a pretty CAS card! The butterflies make the perfect border.