Sunday, May 3, 2009

Clean and Simple Challenges on Splitcoaststampers

So, over on Splitcoaststampers (SCS as it is lovingly referred to) there is a new weekly challenge. It is the CAS (or Clean and Simple) challenges!! I was so excited to find them. My blogging friend Susan pointed me in the right direction ... and she is really the queen of Clean and Simple....and, in fact, is one of the DT's for the challenges this quarter!!! You have to go check out her work, she amazes me!!
Anyway, the challenges are posted for Monday mornings (but often get posted Sunday nights, a bit early!!). I couldn't wait so I was browsing through the 12 challenges that have been posted so far to date. I decided to do a bunch of them...
Here is the first one for CAS #2 - One Button. The challenge....obviously was to use one button on your clean and simple card.
Supplies - Stamps - Guide Lines Two, Demask Designs (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), silver (Hero Arts); Paper - Whisper White, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!), Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink); Other - one button (from my stash), Labels One die (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug.
This card is for CAS #7 - Punches...where we were obviously asked to use punches on our CAS cards.
This one was inspired by that awesome piece of orange plaid...which I've had so long that I don't even know made it!! But it looks awesome as a piece of fruit :D
Supplies: Stamps - Borders & Corners{square}, Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko); Paper - Basic Black, Groovy Guave (Stampin' Up!); Other - apple punch (Martha Stweart).
Here is my card for the CAS challenge # 8 where there was a sketch to follow. It was a fairly simple sketch ... of course, being a CAS challenge. I love, love, love this border stamp from Stampin' Up and bought it just before it retired even though I had adored it forever! Anyway, I'm just glad to have it and actually put it to some use. The brad is one I've had forever and it says "be" on it. I love the pop of orange with these other subtle colors.
Supplies: Stamps- Garden Annuals (Stampin' Up); Ink - Versamark; Paper - Sahara Sand, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!); Other - white embossing powder, prima flowers, brad (Making Memories, I think).
My last card is for the CAS challenge#12 - Little Bits of Ribbon. This is the latest CAS challenge posted.
For this challenge I decided to use these cute little babies. I got them a few years ago during the free stamp event with Stampin' Up...you know, where if you buy so much money you get a free stamp set. Well, I got all the free sets that year and one of them, Very Punny, included this little baby. I've never used it!! I colored the images with Copic markers and added the Little Bits of Ribbon with a staple.
Supplies: Stamps - Very Punny (Stampin' Up!), Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko); Paper - Whisper White, Regal Rose (Stampin' Up!), blue (from my scrap stash); Other - RV11 Pink and B14 Light Blue markers (Copic), gingham ribbons (from my ribbon scrap stash), brown pencil crayon (Prismacolor), stamples and stapler, dimensionals (actually I just used 4 layers of cardstock because I'm out of dimensionals!!).
Well, I hope you enjoyed the cards. They were a ton of fun to make and acutally did wonders at kickstarting my creative flow again!! I will definately be around tonight to see what the newest CAS challenge will be!!
Donelda

4 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

What awesome cards! Glad to see your mojo is flowing again...that One Button card especially made me jump up and down in my seat, but your use of sahara sand knocks my socks off, too! I love that color but have such a hard time using it. Sigh.

Thanks for the call-out. You're so sweet!

Jessica G. said...

I have to try these CAS challenges because they look like so much fun! Great cards, Donelda -- you definitely know how to create fabulous cards without all the fuss!!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Wow! You've been busy! Great CAS cards!

Juanita said...

I love your take on all the CAS challenges. Great work.