Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Tea Holder Card

This Mother's Day I decided to send my mom something a little different. I made this cute little tea bag holder and sent her a few different flavors of tea. This way she could try them out and see if she likes them (she really only likes Red Rose but I keep trying to get her to branch out a little!).
I fashioned it after the one Debbie Olson made HERE. I used an image from the smARTworks set called Teapot Trio and the sentiment comes from Pond Life by Papertrey Ink.
Supplies: Stamps-Teapot Trio (smARTworks), Pond Life, Birthday Basics (Papertrey Ink); Paper - blue (stash), watercolor paper, designer paper (K&Co.); Ink - Basic Black, Ruby Red, Garden Green, Buckaroo Blue (Stampin' Up!), tea dye (Ranger); Other - stample and stapler, sponge, watercolor brush, glassine bags (Papertrey Ink).
Thanks for dropping in!!
Donelda

6 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Beautiful card! I love how you used pp to accent the matchbook flap and frame the image.

Juanita said...

That is a sweet little tea bag holder.
Hop over to my blog and pick up your award.

Alley said...

ooh...thanks for this idea. it will be perfect for my sister. Clever...thanks for sharin

Pauline said...

I love it. Pretty stamp image and papers, well done :o)

Jessica G. said...

What a fun way to package tea! Cute image and great fold. We must have been on the same wavelength as far as Mother's Day gifts -- how can you go wrong with tea??

Chris (catt871) said...

This is gorgeous Donelda!!!!! I bet your Mom loved it!!!!