Wednesday, May 6, 2009

smARTworks Tea Party #15 - Yellow Burst

So it was Peggy's turn to provide us with a challenge for today's smARTworks Tea Party!! She was inspired by the warm weather and decided to pick yellow!! That's right, we were to make a card featuring the color yellow. Now, I love the bright yellow sun, and daffodils are my favorite flowers but I don't typically use that much yellow in my crafting. But I've had this sun burst idea in my head for a few weeks now...and I figured this would be a great time to try it out!!
I created the "burst" by sponging Summer Sun ink onto a piece of white cardstock. Then, using some Post It Notes, I left strips and added a light amount of Groovy Guava ink. It was easy and fun. Then, I stamped this bird and branch image on a piece of scrap white and colored it with a mix of my Copic markers and Prismacolor pencil crayons. I then cut around the top portion of the bird and branch and adhered it to my burst. And check out that sentiment....I love that it is curved like that!! It is from a relatively newer smARTworks stamp set called Swirly-gigs. I finished the card off with a piece of Lemon Tart twill and a guava card base.
Now, off to see what all the other design team members created:
Dina, Susan, Trish, Donna, Giovana, Sarah and Peggy (both on Susan's blog)
and look at THIS, seamom played along with us too!!!
So now it is your turn...share your 'yellow' card with us!! Just leave a comment on any of our blogs with a link to your card. If you upload to a public gallery, use SCTP 17 so we can find your card!! You don't have to use smARTwork stamps unless you are lucky enough to own a few!! Come and have some fun with us :-)
Supplies: Stamps-Spring #1, Swirly-gigs (smARTworks); Ink - Summer Sun, Groovy Guava (Stampin' Up!), Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko); Paper- Whisper White, Groovy Guava (Stampin' Up!); Other - YG03 Yellow Green and Y13 Lemon Yellow markers (Copic), Lemon Tart twill (Papertrey Ink), pencil crayons (Prismacolor), Post It Notes, sponge.
I hope you all have a bright and yellow day!! Thanks for stopping in today!!
Donelda

8 comments:

Giovana said...

Oh WOW!!! This is super.
Awesome job Donelda.

Trish D said...

What a fun technique - I want to look out my window and see that!! :)

seamom said...

Nice card! Love the curved sentiment on the sun burst.

Juanita said...

So nice, (at first I thought you had made a brayered sky). This is a beautiful image.

Michelle Adams said...

So cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful technique Donelda!. I love your blog and all the tips that you share with everybody.

Jessica G. said...

What a fun way to create a sunburst! It definitely gives this already sweet birthday card an extra dose of cheer.

Jessica G. said...

I finally uploaded my 'Burst of Yellow' card! Here it is:

http://jessobsession.blogspot.com/2009/05/clean-and-simple.html