Wednesday, May 20, 2009

smARTworks Tea Party - inspiration cup

Susan picked an inspiration piece for us to use for this Tea Party (see the picture a few entries ago!). I loved the soft look of the cup and knew I wanted to make a vellum card. I've never made a vellum card so I wasn't sure how it would turn out but I like the results.
I started out making a card base out of vellum. Then, I stamped the flowers in blue and the stems and leaves in green right onto the vellum. I added the sentiment in the same green and a few lines along the top and bottom. Next, I added a simple piece of white cardstock underneath the stamping and one on the inside of the card where you could write a message.
A simple card but I think it is a great piece based on the inspiration photo.
Now you have to go see all the other Cookies to see what they created based on the same inspiration piece (see the links along the right of my blog). Did you create something based on this inspiration piece?? if so, leave a comment and a link so we can see it!!
Hey look Sarosa played along with us!! I love this girl, not only did she also use vellum on her card but she has the same blog layout that I have!! Two great minds.....??!! :-)
My computer is still "out of order". I will hopefully be up and running again soon. Sorry for the limited blog posts!!! Keep your fingers crossed that I will be able to recover some of what was on my computer!!
Donelda

7 comments:

Susan T. said...

What a take on using vellum! I'm definitely going to try this.

Giovana said...

Cute card Donelda!!
Hope you have a new computer soon.

God bless
Giovana

Juanita said...

Simply fabulous.

Trish D said...

Ooh, I love the idea of using vellum as the card base! Cute card

Susan Raihala said...

What a sweet card, Donelda! Love the colors and layout!

Sarosa said...

Aw, Donelda, I feel honored to be considered of like mind (Sarah blushes). I love your style ... we both seem to also go for less "busy" cards. Blessings on your day!

Pauline said...

This is really pretty. Well done :o)