Friday, June 5, 2009

Bleached Leaf

Hi everyone. First of all today is my son's birthday. I can't believe he is 10 - a preteen!! Wow!! He is the greatest kid ever and I just love him more and more each day!! Okay, on to the card. Here is a great technique for you!! This was a lot of fun. I took this great leaf image, stamped it on the green cardstock and then drew a light box around the inside of the image with a pencil. Then, I used a paint brush and brushed on thick bleach (the stuff you get in the hand held tube). I left it for a while and then drew around the box with a thick black marker!! While this was a stinky technique, it was fun and I like the results!! I'll have to consider what other images I have that would leand to this technique. Supplies: Stamps-Beyond Basic Borders (Papertrey Ink); Cardstock - Basic Black (Stampin' Up!), New Leaf (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko); Other - bleach (Clorax), paint brush, wide twill (Stampin' Up!), black brads (Stampin' Up!). Thanks for dropping in. Donelda

3 comments:

Juanita said...

I love how this turned out! What a great way to alter the look of a stamp that you have used 'every way' all ready.

Jessica G. said...

Stunning effect with your bleach technique, Donelda! I'm always afraid what color I'll end up with afterwards, but this yellow is perfect for popping your image.

Susan Raihala said...

Great job with this technique, Donelda! Love the card layout and colors, too!