Tuesday, June 9, 2009

CAS18 - Summer color challenge

Time for another Clean and Simple Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers (see link below right on my side bar). This time it was called "A Fun Summer Color Challenge" where we were to use "pinks/corals, kraft, & one other coordinating color of your choice". Now, is it just me or do these colors feel more like fall??!! Call me crazy!!! Anyway, I decided to make a little window for my first card. It was actually inspired by my son who was doing a little stamping with me today. He created the layout and I really liked it!! I rotated it 90 degrees to the left!
And once I got started I figured I'd might as well create another card with the colors while they were out. So, I was searching through my scrap bin when I came across the swirl on a piece of Cameo Coral cardstock. That swirl is actually made with light moulding paste with some brown paint added to it. Then, it was applied into the Stampin' Up embossing template called Finest Flourishes. Perfect for this challenge. I added a thin chocolate mat and a few stamped "faux ribbons" and a finished card.

And, finally, I wanted to share this little gem. My son asked what it meant to be 'clean and simple' so I expained it to him. He wanted to play along and this is what he created!! Awesome :-)

Supplies: Stamps: Birthday Basics (Papertrey Ink), Year Round Fun 2 (Stampin' Up!, retired), Basic Lowercase Letters (Hero Arts), Remember (Papertrey Ink), Faux Ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Cardstock-Kraft, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral (SU!); Ink - Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Cranberry Crisp, Close to Cocoa (SU!); Other - 1" square punch (Marvy), butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), light modeling paste (Liquitex), brown acrylic paint, spatula, brass template (SU!), Cameo Coral marker (SU!), watercolor brush.

Have a great day!!
Donelda

3 comments:

Juanita said...

All of these creations are just wonderful.

Jessica G. said...

Great job on the CAS challenge! I really like how the window showcases the cupcake without overwhelming it. Your DS definitely has the CAS concept down, too -- what a fun card!

Susan Raihala said...

Great cards, Donelda! I love that tiny scallop border on the second card and the coloring on the cupcake on the first card.

Your son's card is, of course, the best of the lot, though. He's got CAS nailed, honey!