Wednesday, June 24, 2009

smARTworks Tea Party Announcement - Salted Background

Okay so it is my turn to come up with an idea for the next Tea Party challenge. Mmmmm, what to do?? Well, let's really have some fun. I absolutely LOVE the look of salted backgrounds! I've mostly created them with watercolor paint on watercolor paper and then a sprinkle of salt while it dries...but I am curious to see if I can use my new reinkers I just received. Now, you don't have to use an entire background, you could choose to use just a little bit of your salted background in some interesting way. Have fun with it. If you've never made a salted background, HERE is a great tutorial from Splitcoaststampers. I hope you all join us for this one. The smARTworks design team members will all be posting next Wednesday (July 1) and we'd love to see a creation by you. Just create a card or project using a salted background. If you have smARTworks rubber, show it off but if not, use what you have!! Make sure you comment on one of our blogs so we can all admire your work!! See you next week!! Now, where did that box of salt go???? Donelda

No comments: