Wednesday, June 3, 2009

smARTworks Tea Party - No White

So this time it was Trish who gave us a challenge for the 19th smARTworks Tea Party. And what a challenge it was...for me at least!! She limited us and would not let us use white!! Is she kidding, I mean, I use white all the time on my cards!! But I was determined to give it a go!! In the end, I like my Clean and Simple card. I started out with a card base of Kraft cardstock. Then I repeatedly stamped some leaves from the Petal Power stamp set along the bottom using Chocolate Chip ink. Next, I decided to add some color by using my Copic markers. Well, YG03 Yellow Green, to be precise. I colored over one end of the leaves to create some shading....I like!! Next, I punched out the butterfly with a Martha Stewart punch and colored it in with the same marker. I added the dots with more chocolate ink and a dot taken from the same stamp set. I finished off the card with a simple sentiment and a dotted line where the butterfly has been fluttering!! So now maybe I'm convinced that you can actually make a card without using white...as long as you can use some Kraft cardstock!!
Now you have to go see the other smARTwork Cookies to see what they have created!
And make sure you add a comment with a link if you have played along! I can't wait to see what you have created!!
Thanks for dropping in for tea!!
Donelda

8 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

OMG, I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! So clean and simple...and so inspiring!

Giovana said...

Donelda, your card is really pretty!! You made me smile!!!

Have a great day!!
Giovana

Juanita said...

Great work, Kraft is perfect subsitute when you can't have white! I really like the copics on Kraft too.

Trish D said...

Love the way you used the leaf image, and the simple layout is just perfect!

Susan T. said...

You always do simplicity so well! I love the bright green, and the trail linking the butterfly with the sentiment.

Donna said...

I'll echo what the others have said, Donelda...this card is perfect in it's simplicity. Also, the colors and images work so well together to convey a nature theme.

Unknown said...

OOOhhh tres chic!!!

Jessica G. said...

I always love kraft once I actually remember to use it! Great result with your card, too, and your coloring of the leaves is beautiful!!