Saturday, July 18, 2009

Daffodil Thanks

Have you ever met someone who is so sweet that you can hardly believe it!! Well I have and her name is Dina! Dina is the one of the first bloggers who truely inspired me, who introduced me to smARTworks stamps, and now has been so sweet to send me this Impression Obsession stamp that I used on this card!! I could hardly belive it when I went to the post office on our way out of town for our vacation and found this stamp sitting in a little envie!! A while ago, I had commented that I liked daffodils and was wondering if anyone knew of a good stamp image as I was dissapointed with the one in the Stampin' Up! catty. Well, Dina did give me various suggestions (apparently she likes daffodils too) at the time. Then, when an extra one of these landed in her lap, she actually remembered my love of daffodils and sent me it! WOW!! I can't even believe she remembered the comment, let along being kind enough to send it my way!!
So a few nights ago I set to work stamping off the image a few times and giving it some color. I used my favorite way to color images, watercoloring!! This has been made even easier with the arrival of my refills!!
I wanted the card to be simple so not to detract from the beautiful yellow flowers!! A simple sentiment, a bit of floss, and some scallops!! I also followed the CPS #124 card sketch as it would incorporate this large image. I am considering my sentiment for the element in the bottom right.
Supplies: Stamps - F1320 Butterfly with Daffodils (Impression Obsession), Wedding Day - sentiment (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Jet Black Archival (Ranger), Yoyo Yellow, Groovy Guava, Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky (Stampin' Up); Paper - Whisper White (Stampin' Up!), Arabella-Porcelain collection and Pomade -Eva collection (both Basic Grey); Other - white floss (DCM), scallop scissors (Provo Craft), water color brush, dimensionals.
Has anyone done something so special for you?? Let me hear about it!!
Have a great day! Donelda

2 comments:

Juanita said...

Fabulous friend and fabulous stamp. i like what you did with this card.

Dina Kowal Creative said...

hee hee!! I remembered our daffodil conversation, and that we said - whoever ended up getting the stamp first would send images to the other. So, there you go - enjoy, enjoy!!!

Dina