Sunday, July 26, 2009

Loonie Stamper's Challenges #45, 46, 47, 48, and 49

Hello everyone! This is actually my second post today! If you scroll down, you will see my Loonie Stamper Challenge #50 card. I finished it yesterday and posted it to post early this morning. This morning, I worked on all the other loonie challenges that I have missed over the last month or so and wanted to post them today as well!! This card is for LSC 45 where we were to use Vanilla, Spring Rain, and Smokey Shadow (all PTI colors). I thought this was going to be the most difficult but it ended up being easy and I love the final card. The vanilla card is cut to be 3 1/4" wide and 4 1/4" high and I stamped it using the big flourish from With Sympathy (PTI) in versamark and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then, I traced and cut out the butterfly onto the Spring Rain cardstock and stamped the medium sized demask image from Demask Designs (PTI) using Spring Rain. I put 2 different styles of grey ribbon on, a button and some linen thread. A sentiment from Beautiful Blooms (PTI) and some rounded corners finish off the card. This is probably my favorite of the cards I made this morning. LSC 45 was to use So Saffron (SU!) and White and to make your own designer paper. Well, I totally was on a kick to use Background Basics: Retro (PTI) (as you'll see) and this time I pulled out this lines and dot stamp. I stamped it repeatedly onto the white cardstock and then covered the big dots with Star Dust Stickles (Ranger). The home-made designer paper is attached with dimensionals. The sentiment is from Beyond Basic Borders (PTI) and is stamped onto the So Safffron cardstock with So Saffron ink. The ribbon is a bit of a cheat.... what, I can cheat if I want to, LOL.... it is Very Vanilla grosgrain (SU!). A clean and simple card and I like the finished project, which looks better in real life because you can see the shimmer from the stickles. LSC 47 was the most difficult for me. It was a color combination of Scarlet Jewel, Aqua Mist, Ripe Avocado, and Lemon Tart (all PTI colors). Now, part of my problem was that I don't own any Scarlet Jewel yet. But, I took my inspiration from Steph who used some felt in that color on THIS card. I loved the look so bought some felt myself. Then, I decided I could make it look like double stitched ribbon so I cut it, and then using my sewing machine and stitched down both sides with white thread. I really like the results and I'll definately be doing that again in other colors!! Now the other difficult part of this challenge was getting all those colors in there. I was good with all but the Aqua Mist (even though it is one of my fav PTI colors) because I just couldn't get it to work with my layout/design. Anyway, a little splash of it in this button... what do you think??? I do like the green bitty dot paper (PTI) on top of the green card base, especially with the decorative cut at the top and having it popped up on 2 layers of dimensional (that felt is thick!!).
LSC 48 was a Christmas in July challenge. Well, I've been itching to make Christmas cards so this one was pretty easy. I actaully made this card with primarly smARTworks stamps!! The pointsettia is made with the plain petals from the Petal Power stamp set with the inside dots coming from the Swirly Gigs set (both from smARTworks). I love the loose flower look of the final image!! The sentiment is from Take a Bough (PTI) and is embossed in gold. The edge of the main white panel is also edged with gold. This card is simple to re-create and is flat for mailing. I will definately be making more of these for Christmas cards this year!! and finally ... LSC47 was really tough!! Not only were we to use 4 colors (brown, raspberry fizz, kraft, and white - all PTI colors) but we were also to have the following 4 elements in our design as well: flowers, brads, buttons, and ribbon! What....are you kidding me!! I know its a challenge...but come on!! Okay, enough whining and complaining!! I tried, honest I did but no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn`t get a button on there!! Sorry girls!! :-) Of course the Loonie girls` cards have been made for ages. It would totally take me too long to find all their cards and link them but I will leave a general link to their blogs. You must go check out their blogs as they are all very talented crafters and make amazing stuff!! Jewels, Char, Maria, Dee, Regan, Wendy Okay, so now I`m all crafted out (and besides, it is starting to get hot in my craft room and I`ve been at it since 5:30 this morning!!). I hope you find something here that inspires you!! Have a great day!! Now I`m off to play with Lego or some other boyish activity!! :-) Donelda

10 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

WOW! You are really on a roll, girl! They are all so wonderful and creative (that felt "ribbon" is truly inspired!)!

Charlene Austin said...

Oh Donelda! You are incredible. Did you do those all today? Wow, I am in awe~~~and they are all incredible. Each and every one makes me so happy! You have just made my day!

Deanna said...

Holy smokes girl! These are awesome! You really rocked them all! I can't believe you did all these! We certainly did miss ya! ;)

Anonymous said...

Of course I think my pick is the best...LOL! But all of them rock and the fact that you did them all now is great! Thanks!

Juanita said...

Well, I love them all. You are som determined!

Steph said...

Wow, you did good! I love them all and your use of the felt is incredible!! I will have to try that. And here I was thinking about skipping #50 but you have inspired me to make something.

Regan said...

wow..you are on fiyahhhh

maria fiscella said...

Wow. Wow, Wow, Wow and last but not least...Wow. Donelda - these are all fabulous! If I had to pick a favorite I'd go with the Christmas card but only because it was my challenge week:) Oh and just wait 'til this Friday's challenge...it's Regan's pick and there's an inspiration photo involved. Uh huh. She's laying it down on us!!!

Jessica G. said...

What a productive cardmaker you've been and they are all so unique AND impressive! I love the one-layer pointsettia, but my favorite may be the LSC47 card -- that button really is an awesome focal point!!

Maile Belles said...

These are all fabulous!!! #1-love the butterfly detail, such an elegant card. #2-Love the use of BB Retro. #3-love the layout and ribbon. #4-love the flower #5-awesome layout, love the Fizz strip.