Wednesday, July 1, 2009

smARTworks Tea Party - Salted Background

Happy Canada Day!! Here we are sitting in Ottawa, Canada to celebrate Canada's birthday! But before we go eat cake, I wanted to make sure I got this tea party card up for you all to see. Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians!! So it was my turn to pick a challenge for this week's tea party and I decided to go with something really fun....salted backgrounds. I love the effect you get when you add salt to a wet background and you can use it as is (a full background) or you can use a piece of that background in some interesting way. So, I made a number of different backgrounds. I picked my favorite of all the backgrounds and created this card. Those reds, blues, and greens are so intense and the salt made the best designs on it. I also included a second technique on this card as well. I wanted to copy my red and green plaid bow that was watercolored on my teapot. So, I used THIS technique by Gina K. and created a plaid "ribbon" to add to my card.
Now off to see what all the other Design Team members created with their salted backgrounds:
Supplies: Stamps- ABC Teapot Trio (smARTworks), sentiment is from Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Ruby Red, Night of Navy, Olive Green (Stampin' Up!); Paper - Whisper White, Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!); Other - Labels 1 Nestability Die (Nestabilities), white gel pen (Signo).
So, did you make a card using a salted background?? If so, we would love to see it!! leave us a link on one of our blogs so we can check it out!!
Thanks for dropping in!!
Donelda

4 comments:

Juanita said...

Happy Canada Day, what a great place to celebrate!
Super background, I was going to try this, Ii will eek out some time today and give it a try.

Donna said...

Wow! Your colors are so vibrant. Nice card!! Thanks for a great challenge!

Michelle Adams said...

I love your salty tea! hee hee! Beautiful!

dcorder said...

Fabulous background Donelda!!