Friday, August 21, 2009

Obsessed with Clean and simple - Take 5

So here is another card for the Fall DT challenge cards over at SCS. This challenge is for the Autumn card challenge. It was a really really CAS card. Stamped the wheat image, drew the square with a brown marker, then added the sentiment. Easy peasy!! I love to doodle lines around my cards as they just feel 'finished' that way!! Supplies: Stamps - wheat (Cornish Heritage Farms), Rustic Branches - sentiment (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!); Paper - Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!), designer paper scrap from my stash; Other - Chocolate Chip marker. Thanks for dropping in. Donelda

7 comments:

Regan said...

Love thsi one Donelda

Jessica G. said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The wheat image is beautiful in its own right, but I really like how the frame surrounds the card and always comes back to the image -- beautiful!!

marciad said...

Fabulous and elegant. Wish I could get my frames to look so perfect. Share any tips and tricks for getting them neat and straight, please.

Juanita said...

This is great. I think it is a nice touch that you matted the main image on the CC cardbase. it is a small detain, but it really helps the card to stand out.

Susan Raihala said...

Your doodle frame is PERFECT for this lovely image and so, so well executed! I need to practice that, 'cause my free-hand-drawn lines always look like my first-grader drew them.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is really cute! I love your take on that CAS sketch!

Judy Miller said...

Awesome card. I love the simplicity. I try and make one layer cards and they just look blaw, I forget to finish them off with the border. That just makes the card. Thanks for the inspiration.