Saturday, October 17, 2009

Loonie Stamper's Challenge - #62 - Holiday Elf

So Jewels picked some great colors and requested a Christmas theme project or card. That is great becuase I am in the middle of creation tons of Christmas cards. I haven't shown you any because I am saving them up for the weeks leading up to Christmas.
So, these are great colors: Dark Chocolate, Aqua Mist and I picked White to go with it.
I decided to go a bit of a different route and printed off one of Dustin Pike's Freebies - this cute little elf. Then I did some paper piecing with Aqua Mist paper and colored his shoes and face with Copic markers. For the white edging on his had and sleeves I used some dimensional fabric paint. Then I was stuck as to what to do for his big moustache and eyebrows. In the end, I used a light grey Prismacolor marker and also outlined him with the same.
For the rest of hte card I added some Dark Chocolate Bitty Dots paper, a bit of Aqua Mist twill (I am loving the PTI twill as it cuts so clean!!) and a holiday sentiment (from Everyday Classics, PTI).
Check out the Loonie Girl's work:
How are you doing with your Christmas cards??
Thanks for dropping in this evening and for your comments, they mean a lot to me!!
Donelda

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Holy smokes, this is so totally cute!

Anonymous said...

Listen girl! This is damn adorable, OMG, I have never seen him before! Great card!

Regan said...

ok seriously..you are killing me with cuteness!

Chrissy said...

What a beautiful color combo for a Christmas card. I love it. Such a small world.... I linked to your card from Deanna's blog and we just discovered that we are from the same small area of the world and you are from Innisfail- where my little brother lives! I am starting to believe in the six degrees of separation theories, lol!
Chrissy

Juanita said...

I thought I had a ton of Christmas cards leftover from last year, but then I decided I would try 'fresh' this year with my honed skills. So I am behind in my creation numbers.
Your card is fabulous.

Jessica G. said...

Such a funny little elf -- he makes me smile just looking at him! I never would have thought to use him in this color combo, but that's why you are such an inspiration to me -- it looks great on him!!