Thursday, November 5, 2009

BasicGrey Challenge - but not really

Okay, here is my second post (wrong again, I was only going to do 2 challenges but I got started and couldn't stop. This is actually the last in a long list of 5 posts for this evening) ...but this is a bit of an oops. You see, when I saw the inspiration picture for the latest BasicGrey challenge I got really excited becuase I love red and brown together. And I remembered that I had stamped out these polka dots in red and brown and not used them for anything. So, I jumped right in and created this card. You can tell I've been watching a lot of Kristina Werner laterly ... there is even white stitching and look, I tried to write my own sentiment.... but my handwriting isn't nearly as great as hers!! Guess I'd better keep practicing.
Now for the oops ... just as I was loading up my photo to this blog post, I realized that there is not a stitch of BasicGrey product on this card!!! Sheesh!!! Can you believe it... obviously it won't qualify. Well, maybe I'll go try another one. I did just pick up some sheets of Indian Summer and it's got lots of red and brown in it!!!
Supplies: Stamps - Remember, Background Basics:Retro (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink), Chocolate chip (SU!); Paper - Whisper White, Chocolate Chip (SU!); Other - white gel pen (Signo), red crochet yarn, corner rounder, dimensional.
Well, off to try again!! LOL!!
Donelda

4 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

It may not meet the challenge, but it is a GREAT card!!

Juanita said...

I can't follow instructions either, but I am glad you did not let that stop you from sharing this amazing card with us.

Godelieve said...

Love your card, with the touch of red! Your handwriting is beautiful!!
I saw your question on my blog, about scraplings, but I can't find your email address...
I tuck them in envelopes when I send things to stampers. And I gave a bunch of them away the other day to a friend :) I love the have them around for a while though. There are a few near my laptop right now :)

Jessica G. said...

Hey, even without the Basic Grey it's still stunning! Perfect color combo for this poppy!!