Monday, November 2, 2009

Vintage - Key

Every once in a while I like to try my hand at vintage stamping. I find it rather difficult and I'm rarely satisfied with the results. This project is "okay" with me and maybe my favorite vintage work I've done yet.
It all stared with that piece of scrap designer paper I had in my stash. I loved it but was not sure what I was going to do with it. Then I thought of this awesome key image by smARTworks and thought it might work. I started out by stamping it onto some vanilla cardstock and coloring it in. Then, I used my linen background stamp and sponged in spots using various distress inks. Next, I added the decorative top and bottom by using pieces of stamps. A little more distressing and a sentiment and the focal image was complete. I adhered it to the card with dimensionals.
Stamps - Lock and Key (smARTworks), Simple Little Things, Guide Lines 2, Wedding Day (Papertrey Ink); Linen background stamp (STampin' Up!); Ink - Walnut Stain, Antique Linen, Tea Dye (Ranger Distress Inks).
I am off to see if I can find some inspiration for vintage cards. Do you know of a blogger that tends to do "vintage" stuff?? If so, I'd love to get a link!! Thanks!!
Donelda

3 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Another thing we have in common...an appreciation of vintage! Like you, I struggle with it, but you've done a lovely job here combining the paper and image to make a beautiful card!

Juanita said...

I have made ONE vintage card, ever. I don't usually go for vintage, it is too busy for me, but I do appreciate the work that goes into it.

Deb (dcorder) said...

Beautiful vintage card!!