Thursday, December 31, 2009

CAS46 - Sketch and New Year's Resolutions

It has been weeks since I have been able to play in my craft room. Today it is cold outside and I had nothing planned so I finally got a chance to just sit in my craft room and play.
I decided to work on the Clean and Simple challenge #46. I realize I'm a bit late but I really liked the layout so wanted to give it a try.
I pulled out some of my new toys to play with including this awesome stamp set from Hero Arts.
I wanted to keep playing so I took this same general layout and adapted it to an A2 card size using the same stamps. Obviously, I changed the placement of the sentiment and I added some strips of cardstock along the bottom. It is an ultra clean and simple card. I am still considering if I want to add brads or something along the lower left corner - maybe under the darker green strip. What do you think???
Supplies: Stamps - Asian Frames (Hero Arts), sentiment - Beyond Basic Borders (Papertrey Ink), background on card 1 - Background Basics:Retro (Papertrey Ink); Paper - Whisper White, Old Olive, Kraft (Stampin' Up!); green scraps (Bazzill); Ink - Chocolate Chip, Old Olive (Stampin' Up!); Other - Coluzzle, paint brush (to paint the green leaves on card 1, dimensionals, sponge, Corner Rounder (We R Memory Corner Chomper).
So it is New Years Eve. I have decided on my crafting New Year's resolution. First I am planning to "use what I have". That's right, no more hoarding!! I will be using all of the stuff that I have been busy collecting over the last few years! Also, I am hoping to "participate in more challenges". You see, I tend to do the same thing over and over again but when I participate in challenges, it makes me streatch my creativity!! So, there you go...those are the 2 resolutions I hope to be sticking to for 2010!!
I also just want to say thank you to all of those who have stuck with me over the year! I truly appreciate any comments that are left!! And even if you don't leave comments...I still know you are there because my counter keeps going up and up and up! So, I appreciate you too ... and I hope you enjoy what you see!!
Well, we are away for the next few days. I have posts ready to go while I'm away so you still have something fun the look at!! See you all in 2010!!
Donelda

2 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Very striking cards; I especially like the trimmed image on the green background!

Wonderful New Year's resolutions. I know I'll start up Stamp-to-Spend again, but as for the other resolutions, I'm still working on them!

Susan Raihala said...

DON'T TOUCH IT!!!!! It's beautiful just the way it is!!!!!

I'm still working on my resolutions, but will be posting them soon. I'm also working on a word for 2010 to be my theme (a la Ali Edwards). A whole new year laid out in front of us. Wonder if it'll go as quickly as 2009?

Thanks for your blog, Donelda. It's truly a favorite of mine!