Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Card Reveal Countdown - Day 12

This was a really fun card. I was inspired by THIS card (scroll down to the second card) by Clarie B (from Waltzingmouse Makes) and, knowing I'd not be able to order her stamps any time soon, I decided to try re-creating the same look on my own!! Using my Faux Ribbon stamp set (from Papertrey Ink), I created a green on green plaid design. Then, I flipped over the paper and drew some large holly leaves and cut them out. I think they turned out rather good.
Simply added some buttons, a border, and a sentiment (Believe - Papertrey Ink) and a card is born!!
Hope to see you tomorrow for Day 13!!
Donelda

2 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Awesome holly leaves with a bit of plaid and those buttons are perfect as the berries! Perfect sketch for showcasing this 'can-do' holiday image!!

Susan Raihala said...

Very creative and definitely a success! I need to remember that with Faux Ribbon now that I have that set.