Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Card Reveal Countdown - Day 5

Welcome to day 5 of my Christmas Card reveal countdown!! Today I am sharing my very favorite card that I made. You might remember that I got this stamp set at a garage sale for a very cheap price!! I knew it would make great cards. See the colored one...that is my very favorite card that I made this year. I might even have to keep one of them. I'm not sure why but I just love it...maybe it's the colors or the layout!!?? I had to color a strip of white cardstock with my gold paint pen to get that gold in there!! And the main image is all masked and the buildings are watercolored and the sky and sand are sponged. A great effect!! This second card is a clean and simple version using the same stamp. Much quicker and easier and while I do like it....it doesn't hold a candle to the other more colorful one.
What do you think of my favorite card? Do you like it??
Check back in tomorrow to see what is in store for Day 6 of my countdown (or count up!)
Donelda

5 comments:

Donna said...

I LOVE the colorful card, Donelda! Gorgeous!

Juanita said...

I have this same stamp, it is perfect. {but I have not used it yet this year}
I love both versions.

Jessica G. said...

These are gorgeous, Donelda! Perfect CAS, my friend, and stunning as well. The blue and tan are so appropriate while the gold embossing is elegant and makes the image pop, too!!

Susan Raihala said...

Lovin' these with the color and without!

Kelly L said...

OOOh, I love this one too. I was parusing (?sp) through your blog photos. So sorry I don't do that often anymore. :( But I wanted to drop you a note telling you thanks so much for my Christmas card!! You are so sweet to think of me!! Hugs and Merry Christmas, kelly