Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday Spotlight - snowflakes

So, here is another late challenge card. Last Saturday the
Saturday Spotlight challenge was snowflakes. I could hardly bare to pull out my Snowflake set (Stampin' Up!) but I did and I love the results.
I took and painted the small snowflake with some Twinkling H2O paint, then stamped onto a scrap of white cardstock. I repeated this until I had a staggered row, stamping off for a few to get some variation of color. To see how glittery this paint really is, you can click on the smaller close-up photo! I did some tearing and added a sentiment (Remember-Papertrey Ink). Then, I adhered a bit of Teal (Stampin' Up!) cardstock that I had left over from making THIS card. A bit of black grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink) and my card was finished.
Now maybe I'll pop over to Saturday Spotlight to see what the current challenge is.
Donelda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH wow Donelda!! This is just gorgeous!! Look at those pretty snowflakes girl!! I just love that stuff!! :) I'm so glad that you've decided to play along with us anyway and you can always link your card to the comments section even if Mister Linky is closed as we'd still like to know you've made something!! :) Thanks for joining us hun!! We enjoy having you!! HUGS

Susan Raihala said...

Oh, my goodness! What a beautiful sparkly card!

Juanita said...

What an amazing card.
It may be late, but it is worth the wait!

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous card, Donelda! Those twinkling snowflakes are so pretty on the crisp white background and the ribbon adds such an elegant feel. The torn edge reminds me of a snowbank -- great effect for the theme!!