Friday, January 1, 2010

smARTworks - Watercolored Addy Keeper

An appropriate card for New Years!! Today is for enjoying!!! It is time to put what has happened in our past behind us and start living in 2010!! Wow, it is hard to believe it is alreayd 2010 ... do you remember when we switched from 1999 to 2000. It feels like only yesterday. Back then I was teaching this one boy who did number reversals and he always wrote 1999 as 1ppp. I remember saying to him, won't you be happy when it is 2000...he looked at me funny so I said, then you won't have to use so many 9's in the year any more. He laughed! Today's card is made using an address keeper by smARTworks. Now this beautiful image would make a great address keeper, but it also makes a great sentiment keeper!! I stamped the keeper image. Then, using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I added this sentiment inside!! Perfect fit!! While it is hard to see, there is a bit of shimmer on the pink roses since I added a bit of Stickles to the flowers after using my watercolor crayons to color them in. Kept the card simple to keep the focus on the great main image and sentiment!! Thanks for dropping in. I hope you have a great New Years!! Donelda

3 comments:

Jill said...

Happy New Year! I just came across your blog and wanted to comment on how beautiful your cards are! I know I will be visiting you often!! :) Love your coloring on this beauty! The subtle blue you added behind the sentiment is such a fantastic touch!

Jessica G. said...

Perfect sentiment for the new year; wouldn't life be so much better if we could live in the moment?

Very elegant card, Donelda! Wishing you a very happy New Year!!

Trish D said...

Ooh, I really like this one! Happy New Year to you - can't wait to see what lovely creations you'll come up with in '10