Thursday, February 25, 2010

Clean and Simple (CAS) Challenge - 52 Sketch

I created this card a while ago for the Clean and Simple challenge #52 on Splitcoaststampers. That challenge was posted over 2 weeks ago...but you know me, forever doing challenges but never getting around to posting them!! LOL!!!
I created this based on the sketch that was provided. I wanted the colors to remain mostly pink with a hint of black. I started out with that flower image by smARTworks. I inked it up with Hibuscus Burst ink and then added some Raspberry Fizz around the edges (rock n' roll technique). I liked it so much I deceded to create the strip (a la the sketch) of designer paper using the same technique, I just stamped the image close to each otehr then cut it out. Finally, I added the black gingham ribbon. There was just not enough black so I colored 3 half pearls with my black copic marker and added them to the centers of the flowers! Now I wish I'd stamped the sentiment in black as well....oh well!
Supplies: Stamps - Swirly-gigs (smARTworks), Around and About (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Hibuscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink); Paper - white; Other- black gingham ribbon (Stampin' Up!), 1 1/2" circle punch, half pearls (K&Co.), black marker (Copic).
It is almost the weekned....can you say Yeeeee haaaa!! Have a great day!
Donelda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi donelda!
i'm leaving this comment here cuz i'm not sure if you'd find on the card you posted a few days back. the mushroom one in DARLING!! those black lines you drew around the gingham paper are the perfect touch. they look like a stamp and i mean that as a TOTAL COMPLIMENT!! i made a card the other day and tried to draw a black border around my image, and it totally ruined the look. thanks for sharing. i love looking at your creations.
marty ferraro

Donelda said...

Marty - you are so sweet!! Keep doodling those black lines!! Glad you enjoy my little blog corner!!

Susan Raihala said...

FAB...and better late than never, I always say!

Juanita said...

I am usually a lot later than you on these challenges.
You did an amazing thing here with this card, I adore this.