Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cards Blog Challenge - 8 Colors

So, if you know me at all you will know that I tend to stick to 2 or maybe 3 colors at a time on my cards. So you can imagine my surprise when Paige from Cards Blog wanted us to work with 8 colors .... on one card ... that's right ... 8 different colors!!! My first response was "are you kidding me?" but then I had to take on the challenge.
And this is what I ended up with! I used the skinny stripe in the Faux Ribbon set (Papertrey Ink) and created a 'rainbow' of stripes across the bottom of my white panel. Then I added the tree from Beyond Basic Backgrounds (Papertrey Ink). I wanted to add multi-colored leaves to my tree but I only had purple and blue square rhinstones. But I also had plain rhinstones and Copic markers!!!! I colored a bunch in the other colors to match my stripes!! Love that!!!
A sentiment and some matting and voila, a very colorful card!!! And, to make my week, Paige added my card to her picks on her blog which you can see HERE!! Yeah!!
So, how many colors can you use on one card??!!
Donelda

4 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Wonderful take on a very difficult challenge!

Kelly L said...

You are SO brilliant, girl!! What a terrific idea to incorporate all of those colors but still keep it clean and simple! I LOVE it! Hugs, Kel

Juanita said...

Way to go! Being added to the CARDS blog is a big deal. You deserve it, you did a great job with a tough challenge.

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

that is super cute card!!! I always wonder how to use that particular stamp and I love what you did with it.