Thursday, March 18, 2010

KLSNS Challenge #21 - Sketch

The latest challenge over on the KLSNS site is a sketch challenge so I wanted to play along!!
I recieved this lovely little Tilda image from a friend and since Kelly sells these wonderful stamps at her store, I decided to use her. I colored her in with Copic markers and adhered her to the mat. My biggest struggle was with the 3 embellishments in the corner (you'll note that I did a mirror image becuase of the way my Tilda was facing). I decided to take the flower, and use the leaves at the 2 smaller embellishments. I colored around the flowers edge with the copic to make it match better with the orange of my Tilda's sweater!
And see that ribbon. I have a whole bunch of it that I bought at a garage sale a few years ago for 25 cents! This was the first bit I've used ... really trying to stick to that New Year's resolution!!! And, all the paper used here (other than the card base) came from my scrap bin!! Yeah!!
Off to see what all the other folks did with this sketch! Have a great day!!
Donelda

3 comments:

Maile Belles said...

Hey Donelda, thanks for the comment you left me! To answer your question, I get my kraft cardstock from Papertrey Ink. Love the stuff! Here is the link: http://papertreyink.com/pb_paper.html

So glad you asked!
Maile

Jacilynn said...

Very cute! I love this. Great take on the sketch!
x

Kelly L said...

GREAT job with the sketch, Donelda! I love the colors, and that is some beautiful ribbon (25 cents?!). Very cool! Hugs, Kelly :)