Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Faux Embellishment Stamps - OLW#5

So Susan has done it again! She has issued a GREAT challenge that is really going to make us think outside of our typical creative 'box'.
This time, she wanted us to use faux embellishment stamps that we have. Well, my first thought was to use Faux Ribbon by Papertrey Ink. However, then I remembered this stamp set by Close to My Heart that I received from a friend. It has a number of these photo turns, photo corners, hinges, and buckles in it - PERFECT!!!!
I used a piece of transparency to sponge the circle with blue ink. Then, I added the photo clip stamping it with Versamark and embossing it with black. Finally, the sentiment and stars were added with black ink!
(the sentiment says "To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world ~ Jennifer Billings)
Supplies: Stamps - Accents, etc. (Close to My Heart), Out on a Limb and Out on a Limb Additions (Papertrey Ink); Paper - Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Ink - Buckaroo Blue (Stampin' Up!), Black, Versamark; Other - transparency, black embossing powder, sponge, corner chomper (We R Memory Keepers).
So I am totally going to keep checking back to Susan's post to see what everyone does with this challenge!!
Donelda

14 comments:

Jennifer Styles said...

Very cool card! I can't quite get over that there is photo turn stamp!

Tee said...

So pretty..love the soft colors on this..

Patti J said...

Sheesh, I had a set like this from TAC, and totally forgot it! GREAT idea!!! Your card is so pretty - looks embellished, but would mail flat and well! Perfection...

Lisa M. said...

Photo turns are one of my favorite scrapbooking items..had no idea there was a stamp like that! Love the boldness of the turn with the softness of the blue and the sentiment. TFS :)

PetraB said...

This is an amazing card, brilliant what you have done with the photo turn.

Lindsey said...

Great card!

Susan said...

This looks great! I love the way you sponged the circle. I need to try that! Wonderful card!

Tiya-B said...

you sure fooled my eye, thought the photo clip was real... the circle is great too. wow you really got this challenge!

donna mikasa said...

such a clever card! the photo turn looks dimensional!

Ruth M said...

Wow, what a great card, love the sponging and that photo turn looks so real!

Mim said...

Love it! You have inspired me to use those old MM metal photo turns from the back of the cupboard..

Lauralee said...

You make it look so easy!! This is brilliant and very, very pretty.

Susan Raihala said...

WOW! That photo turn stamp ROCKS, and your sponged design really showcases it beautifully, Donelda. Thanks so much for participating!

Emily Leiphart said...

Donelda, this is a beautiful card! I love the composition and that photo turn looks SO REAL!