Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lucy`s Challenge /10 - Digital - Airplane Birthday

(note - second post for the day!)
Lucy is such an amazing crafter!! I love her clean and simple cards. And lately, she`s been throwing out challenges. This time, it is a challenge to use digital, something she is very good at. I, however, am not so good at that!! But I wanted to try!
A few weeks ago I purchased some stuff at my local scrapbook store and had spent enough to pick something out of the bucket for free. I saw a digital scrapbook memories CD that was called Oh Boy and had tons of sport images and papers on it so I picked it. I decided to try it out for Lucy`s challenge.
Here is the end result. I`m not totally sold on the card itself but I love the images. The clouds are a great turquoise gingham pattern - love them!! I chose the 3 clouds, resized them to what I wanted and printed them out. Then I picked the cute airplane, resized it, and printed it out. I cut all 4 items and adhered them to the card using dimensional foam for the plane and one cloud. A sentiment was added and some sponging. Voila, a digital card!
Supplies: Stamps - Birthday Basics, Simple Alphabet (Papertrey Ink); Paper - Whisper White (Stampin`Up!); Ink - Tempting Turquoise (Stampin Up!); Other - Oh Boy CD (Digital Scrapbook Memories), dimensionals.
I am going to continue to play around with digital but I love the feel of playing with paper and embellishments that I doubt I will ever become a true digital crafter! But I love the options of what digital can provide in a hybrid kind of way. I just need more practice!!!
Off to see what everyone else did for Lucy`s challenge.
Thanks for visiting today!!
Donelda

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I think this is a great boy card! I have saved lots of (free) digital images, but still haven't tried making cards with them. One of these days, maybe... :P

Linda Shumaker said...

I went to Lucy's site and was so inspired that I bought somemore digi stamps and I am going to try my hand at it. Thanks

Lynn said...

This card is adorable...I have four boys...so I really appreciate the boy inspiration...my boys would love it!

Lucy Abrams said...

Awww, thanks so much - you are sweet.
And your card is so CUTE.
Thanks for entering my challenge. :)

Steph said...

Sweet card!