Saturday, May 29, 2010

Strawberry Wish

Well, here is one last strawberry card. This one all started out with that rectangle of white. It is actually a rectangle of grungeboard painted with white acrylic paint. When I stamped the strawberry with ink it came out molted-like and looked vintage. So I tried to go with a vintage look. I even used one of the doily's I bought a while ago.
So I've decided that I just don't "do" vintage very well!!! I tried!! Some of the things I did to try to make it vintage-y is stitching around the red polka dots, sponging around the edge of the red with some with craft ink, the doily, and the paint(which looks kinda crackly).
Well, I hope you enjoyed my strawberry week. I hear that Dina did a strawberry card - she hasn't posted it yet (she's been a bit busy) but I'm going to keep checking because I'm sure it will be spectacular!! Did you get the strawberry fever and make a card???? I'd love to see it. Leave a link!!
Have a great weekend.
Donelda

No comments: