Thursday, June 17, 2010

One Layer Wednesday (OLW) - Elephant Swirl

Susan's latest One Layer Wednesday Challenge #9 was to use Flourishes on your card.
I have a few sets of flourishes ... and look, this is all I could create! I think my creative mojo has gone on vacation!!
I don't own this little elephant punch that is so cute but I love it so much I hand drew one onto light cardboard and cut it out. Now I just use him as a template to create my own by tracing and cutting out. This time, I cut a mask and sponged on some Bordering Blue (Stampin' Up!). I then added the flourish (Finest Flourishes - Papertrey Ink) in Aqua Mist (Papertrey Ink) which I thought totally looked like water! Finally, I added the little sentiment (Mixed Messages - Papertrey Ink) and a few small black accents and an eye. I ended the card by using my grey and a very light blue Copic marker to create a shadow which anchors this little guy!
Well, if I get my mojo back and think of a better idea I'll post!
Thanks,
Donelda

19 comments:

Tee said...

This is so darn cute!!

Heather said...

If this is you without your mojo I can't wait to see one with mojo. I love this one, the colours are great, elephant is super cute (and the oval shadow to ground him is perfect) flourish is great, sentiment balances it well. I know I'm gushing but I love this, I only wish I could do this (no elephant & no flourish!). Thank you for the inspiration, Hev:)

Susie said...

I totally love this - so very cute and clever.

Carol said...

LOVE this card! It is perfect....what a fun, cute baby card....and a terrific way to use a flourish!

Sarah said...

That's some leftover mojo. The card is absolutely adorable.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

What a clever combo!

Lindsey said...

No extra mojo needed... a totally cute card! btw, I really like the new look of your blog! Only thing I miss -- I can't seem to enlarge your cards any more, so sometimes I can't see all the details.

Donelda said...

Thanks for letting me know about enlarging my pictures. I will try to fix that.

Alanna Harris said...

I absolutely love this...it's perfect in every way!!

Susan Raihala said...

Looks to me like your mojo is in full swing, Donelda! Your little elephant is soooo adorable, and you finished him off beautifully by anchoring him with the shadow and giving him a flourished spout! What's not to love?

Susan said...

I must disagree...looks like your mojo is in full gear....adorable card!!

Susan G. said...

So cute!!

Glittered Paws said...

If your "mojo" is on vacation you surely can't tell!!! This is just too cute. Love it.

Bonnie said...

What an adorable baby card. I love it!

Mim said...

Too cute! Love it!

Ruth M said...

Perfect way to use a flourish as water being spouted from your cute ellie's trunk! Lovely card!

Bonnie said...

Such a cute baby card. I love how you used the flourish.

Emily Leiphart said...

Heehee, awwwww, how cute is this! Super cute!! I love your flourish as water. So creative.

Davenz said...

Nice one!
custom bedroom furniture