Monday, June 21, 2010

Vellum Lace

So I was checking out Godelieve's awesome blog (I do that on a regular basis - she is SOOOO creative) and I saw that she had made the most amazing "vellum lace".  I decided to try my hand at it and here are the resutls.

I had actually made a few other cards as well but I forgot to photograph them before they went to their new homes. 

The lace is created by stamping this particular strip of Demask (Demask Design by Papertrey Ink) with Versamark onto Vellum and then embossing with white.  Then, cutting it close to the design making the final faux lace. 
The papers are all scraps from my massive collection.  The ribbon is a small spool that I purchased from Michaels a long time ago but due to it's highly ornate design and color, I've had trouble using it effectively.  I like htis ribbon treatment. I've never tried anything like it before but I've been seeing it on many blogs. 
 
You must check out all of Godelieve's blog for all her awesome "vellum lace" and then poke around in her blog at all the other awesome stuff she creates!  She is awesome!!

Thanks for dropping in today,
Donelda

3 comments:

Godelieve said...

Oh, your vellum lace looks fabulous! What a great card. Gorgeous color combo too!

Lindsey said...

What a lovely card!

Davenz said...

Looks amazing!
custom bedroom furniture