Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Clean and Simple (CAS) Challenge - 76 - sketch

(note- this is actually my third post for the day ~having lots of fun crafting today, finally ~ if you'd like to see my submission for Lucy's button challenge or Susan's R.'s latest One Layer Wednesday card scroll down)

So I haven't played along with the Clean and Simple Challenges on Splitcoaststampers for a while.  I saw the adorable card by ravengirl that was being used as a layout for challenge #76 and decided to play along. 

I realized that the layout would be an excellent opportunity to use one of my doilies (inspired by Christine Middlecamp and her doily project seen HERE) that I had made previously.  I kept pretty close to the basic layout simply changing the shape of the desinger paper layer, the colors, and using the doily instead of a flower.  As ravengirl did, I distressed around my designer paper which served to pull it together with my doily creation. 

Supplies: Stamps- Wishing You, Polka Dot Basics II (Papertrey Ink), Watch Trio (smARTworks); Paper - Whisper White (Stampin' Up!), Winsom from the Ambrosia collection (Papertrey Ink), aqua paper (unknown); Ink - Jet Black (Ranger), Broken China and Peeled Paint (Ranger); Other - transparency, button (Hero Arts), white doily (Martha Stewart), white crochet thread, clear embossing powder (used to make the polkadot background as it was emboss resisted with the 2 ranger inks), dimensionals, sponge. 

Well, that was fun for a change!!  I sure have been prolific today ... 3 posts!!  and I have a  bunch more ready to go for the rest of the week.  I think I am back in the swing of this stamping :-)  That makes me smile!!

Have a great evening!!
Donelda

2 comments:

Deb (dcorder) said...

OH! You did an AWESOME job with that challenge! I've been trying to decide what to do but haven't come up with anything. LOVE IT!

Bingo Games said...

I can consult you on this question and was specially registered to participate in discussion.