Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

I was browsing around at a local Dollar Store the other day and I found these great mirror birds - 3 for $1.00.  I knew I had to use them on a card.

I started out by stamping on the mirror bird with a flourish (Fancy Flourishes, Papertrey Ink) using StazOn white ink.  I set is aside and let it dry.  Then I used the 2 large leaf images from Sprial Bouquet (Papertrey Ink) on the kraft card base.  I aded the bird to a black circle and adhered it over the stamped images.  I strip of black and white designer paper and an appropriate sentiment (Bird Watching, Papertrey Ink) finishes off the card. 

I have 2 more birds which you will see on a card at some point in time. 

Thanks for dropping in to my little piece of blogland!
Donelda

5 comments:

Tee said...

Gorgeous bird..love the flourish on it! can't wait to see what becomes of the other 2 birds!

Banu said...

WOW Donelda, this card turned out just gorgeous. Awesome stamping. Was it hard to stamp on the Mirror?

Lindsey said...

This is brilliant!

Donelda said...

Actually Banu, it was easy to stamp on the mirror, you just have to go straight down and up and not let it slip (just like stamping on clear cardstock or a transparency).

Jessica G. said...

Such amazing goodies you can find in the dollar store, Donelda, and such gorgeous creations result! Bet this mirrored bird is even prettier in real life!!