Thursday, October 21, 2010

Using Scraps 1 - Halloween Stripes

I am always so inspired by those of you who buy crafting magazines and actually use them for inspiration !!  You know who you are.  So, I decided to take my Sept/Oct 2010 issue of Paper Crafts and actually let it inspire me (in addition to drooling all over the great cards!).

In addition to using the magazine for inspiration, I also decided to go with all scraps!!  Everything you will see in the coming posts will include items from my scrap cardstock pile, scrap designer paper pile, or from my bins of "things" I made but didn't end up using .. you know, like die cuts, stamped images, etc.

This card was created based on the Moxi Fab Color Combo - grey, royal blue, rich purple, and gold (page 32).  Once I pulled out a bunch of the scraps onto my crafting desk, the colors were totally Halloween so I created this card.  The grey shape was hand cut and then spritzed with some Silver Sugar Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels).  The buckle of the hat was coated with some Glossy Accents (Ranger) to make it shine.  the hat stamp is a g studio from Michaels and the sentiment is from an old Stampin' Up! set that retired long ago!! 

I am excited to share with you all of the rest of my Scrap Cards inspired by the Sept/Oct issue of Paper Crafts!!   Make sure you drop back in tomorrow!!

Donelda

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Great Hallowe'en card... love the stripes!

Jessica G. said...

The bold stripes are the perfect accent to your fun label image -- awesome non-traditional Halloween card!