Friday, October 22, 2010

Using Scraps 2 - Glimmer Mist Gratitude

So here is another paper Crafts magazine inspired card.  This time the inspiration was from Betsy Veldman's card seen on page 16.  I LOVE Betsy's work!!!   When I saw her great fall card I realized that I have the same leaf mask, however, not the same mist colors.  No problem - I just decided to change up the colors.  I stuck the masks on, misted the top half with Electric Blue and the bottom wiht Viva Pink Glimmer Mists (Tattered Angels).  The focal image was a piece I cut from hand after tracing a beer lable (weird I know but such a great shape).  Then, I misted it with Black Magic Glimmer Mist.  What a great color!!!  I stamped on the sentiment, a flourish and a few leaves in black ink.  I also sponged around the edge with a bit more black for definition!  A few small bits of organdy ribbon on both sides finished the card off. 

I love how this card turned out.  I am having a lot of fun with my scraps and new produts - like these mists!!        I have another scrap card posting on Monday morning from page 17 of the magazine so be sure to drop back in to see it!!  
Stamps - Spiral Boquet, Turning a New Leaf (Papertrey Ink), Build a Flourish (Gel a Tin)

Thanks for dropping in!  Donelda

4 comments:

Imke said...

Donelda, you´re right- it´s looks really great !! AND i like the glitter on the tag. Beautiful card !!

KER said...

great use of scraps...love the colors

Juanita said...

you have such an amazing eye! to see the usefulness of a beer label. you never cease to amaze me.

Jess said...

Awesome! That label is such a unique shape!