Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hero Arts Challenge - Masking

I am fast becomming a Hero Arts lover!  I have picked up, won, or been given a few clear sets, clings, and wood mounted stamps.  They are great stamps!! 

the latest Hero Arts challenge is to use MASKING.  Well, that is one of my all time favorite techniques so I had to give it a go! 

On this card I used the following Hero Arts sets: Antique Engravings (butterfly), Asian Frams (flowers) and Mini Messages (sentiment) all clear stamps. 

I started out by using a home-made oval template to sponge the oval center.  Then, I stamped the butterfly.  Next, I masked the butterfly and and oval and added the flowers, stamping off to give dimension.  Finally, I colored the butterfly with Copics and stamped the sentiment. 

That was fun ... I might do another one!!
Thanks for dropping in.
Donelda

10 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Donelda, this is such a fabulous card! Love the colors and the design...esp how the sentiment and butterfly go outside the frame.

Banu said...

Donelda, this card turned out gorgeous. WOW!! Amazing. Really neat.

KER said...

gorgeous...i love the stamps & colors you chose..

Lindsey said...

This is SO pretty! Love that butterfly.

Deb (dcorder) said...

I'm a huge fan of Hero Arts too and I'm a bigger fan of this gorgeous card!!! WOW!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, what a great card! Masking on a one-layer card is probably my all-time favorite technique. LOVE what you have done!

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

SHUT UP! This is amazing, OMG, I have never masked, makes me nervous!

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

So, so, so pretty! Love the layering you did with the images. Great colors too!

Sarn said...

LOVE this!