Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mother's Day Tulip

Yup, at the rate I'm going I figure I'd better get some Mother's Day cards made now so they are ready to go in May.  Work has become very busy for me and I haven't had much time for blogging. 

I adore tulip stamps and this image from Hero Arts is no exception.  It is simple to color in using Copics as I've done here since the shading is already there with the image. 

I added some lovely pink ribbon that I recieved from a swap (thanks Secret Sister!).  The papers come from Stella and Rose papers by My Mind's Eye.  I really like all the pretty colors on the scallop strip along the side. 

I don't use vellum too much but decided to pull some out and add a half circle and do some heat embossing. 

This card will likley go to my mom ... no concerns about her seeing it, she doesn't have a computer :-)

Well, have a wonderful day! 
Donelda

8 comments:

Imke said...

Donelda, i´m sure your mom will love this card. I really like the papers and the vellum looks great.

Unknown said...

Donelda...what a pretty card. I love the image. I'm a fan of tulips aswell. Your mother will love this.

Lindsey said...

Ooh, what a neat way to use vellum... I love that little half-circle! Great card.

Linda Palmer said...

Tulips are my favorite besides carnations. Your Mother will love this beautiful card. Glad to see you are finding time to craft. I miss seeing your creations and I miss your visits.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

So lovely, Donelda! Beautifully done!

Lindsey said...

I just discovered you're linked on Moxie Fab World! Congrats!

Tanja said...

This is so lovely, I love tulips too (I was born in Holland). Your Mum will love it no doubt. I must visit your blog more often this is the first visit - I came from Moxie Fab World.

Angela said...

Lovely! Wise to think ahead....