Sunday, July 24, 2011

Creating with Scraps - Day 1

Okay, best laid plans never seem to work.  You know how I had planned to take my crafting supplies with me camping and create a whole bunch of things ... well, that just didn't happen.  We were too busy.  So, I decided to see what I could create anyway with the same supplies ... but just at home. 

I pulled out the supplies I had packed and swore that I would use nothing but what was there.  Man, was it hard not to grab something that was in my stash but I resisted (except for a few times)!  In the end, I created a ton of cards - 29 in total plus one bookmark!!!  Of course, there were still enough card bases to create 18 more cards and other scraps to create about 10 times that many cards!   

Here are a few of the photos of the frenzie mid-create:




Look at all those bits and pieces.  What fun I had!!!  I could have been creating for hours
and hours and hours ... wait ... I did create for hours!!! 

Here is one of the creations I made.

It was the very first card I created.  The flower image has been 'hanging around' for about ever! and the butter fly was alos one I have had in my scrap bin for a long time.  I had added some of that thin ribbon to the stash and it came in very handy.  I really like the result of this Clean and Simple (CAS) card. 
Stay tuned for the rest that I will be posting in the coming days. 

Donelda

7 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Well, your workspace looks like mine when I'm in the middle of creating. And your card is gorgeous! LOVE the simplicity of it. Of course!

KER said...

wow...now i need to get working with my scraps...you're space looks like mine does all the time...lol...but it does inspire me!

Heather T said...

I love the soft delicate colours and image in your card.

Sarah said...

Love the concept and the fabulous results.

Lindsey said...

This card is a beauty! What a gorgeous butterfly. Now I want to see the rest!

Imke said...

Very, very beautiful !!

Juanita said...

Who would have looked at this beauty and think "oh, this is a scrap bin creation"
What an amazing card!