Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Creating with Scraps - Day 9

Well, I have the last 2 cards I created from the scraps and a few additional tools and products I had gathered together.  I really had a lot of fun creating this way!  I enjoyed the challenge and it always feels good to use up some items that are too good/nice to throw away! 

My Take 3 challenges will resume next week so if you are interested you can drop back in.

Here are the last 2 cards:
This was a fun card to create.  It used up so many pieces of scrap.  The background was a piece of cardstock that had the script stamped on it.  I added the brown and orange sponged on with a sponge that I had smartly added to my stash.  See that Labels 1 die cut ... interesting design on it ... have you seen it before??  Yes you probably have.  It is actually the inside of a business envelope.  You know the kind that you get junk mail in.  They were popular here a while ago to use in crafting and I had kept one but never got around to using it.  It made a good backdrop for all of these circles.  The button in the bottom left corner is actually a faux button.  It is a circle of red patterned paper covered with a small epoxy dome, holes made with my Crop-a-dile and tied with some white string.  It has been in my stash for a while and happy to have a home. 

And I have to say that this is probably my favorite card.   Everything here was in my scrap stash.  The wood grain piece was there.  It was a piece of cardstock that had a poorly printed woodgrain pattern on it.  Nothing that dragging some ink acros the surface couldn`t cover up.  It ended up looking fantastic!!  And those butterflies had been stamped and colored a while ago ... again, sitting and waiting to be used, they just needed to be cut out.  And even that popsicle stick with the sentiment has been in my bin for a long time!  The colors with all the brown is a great combo!  Loooove it!!

Well, there you go.  Some great cards created using some great scraps. 

I might just have to do this again some time.  After I finished the cards, I took a bit of time to clean out my scrap bins, getting rid of anything that I figured I would likely never use on a card.  It felt really good to clear out!  Thanks for sticking with me to get through all of the cards.  Do you have a favorite?  If you do, I`d love to know which one it is. 

Remember, I will return to sharing a Take 3 challenge next Mon, Tues., and Wed.   I might have a few extra cards to share between now and then too. 

Have a great day,
Donelda

5 comments:

Barb said...

these are beautiful cards. you were right to keep these lovelies in your scrap bin!

Juanita said...

I love that first one, it really catches my eye.
i clearly don't have the great scraps that you do, because I don't have cool envelope backgrounds.

Bobby said...

I saw your name on kwernerdesign and was interested in seeing what you had done with all your scraps. You sure made good use of them. Like you say, the cards are CAS, just the way I like them. I'm not a stamper, but enjoyed them anyway.

Miri said...

I also saw your name on Kristina Werners blog ... and I'm really impressed by what you've done with your scraps.
Great work! All the cards are so different, but all of them are very beautiful.
You definitely inspired me to have a look into my box full of scraps.

Anonymous said...

Love both of these! The circle idea i love!