Monday, August 8, 2011

Take 3 - Week of August 8 - take 1

This week's Take 3 challenge that I gave myself was to use the Maya Road black rub on Butterflies I have.  They are the nicest rub-ons ... but I've only used a few over the last 2 years and there must be about 50 or more on the sheet. 

So here is my first take:

You've seen this color combo just recently from me but I still had more of this wonderful red gingham ribbon that I was dying to use.  This time I rubbed the black Maya Road butterfly onto some red scrap paper and then cut them out.  It made for a great focal point!

Drop back in tomorrow to see what I created for Take 2 using these butterflies.....
Donelda

5 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

This butterfly is gorgeous. I don;t know what you are talking about black rub ons but it looks fabulous. Love this card.

Imke said...

Awesome card, Donelda ! Love your layout and the butterfly looks great !

Juanita said...

I normally shy away from rub-ons, I love how you have put this little guy on patterned paper, such a fresh look.

Angela said...

Simply stunning!

Lindsey said...

Brilliant card! I've only used sentiment rub-ons, but now I think I might keep an eye out for something like these. Maybe not 50 of them, though... :P