Wednesday, November 16, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays #28 & Barb's Challenge - Damask Tag

This week's CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #28 is to create a tag or a card with a tag on it.  I combined it with a challenge set by a blogging buddy Barb who posted this beautiful table setting as inspiration.


Together I arrived at this tag.  From the inspiration picture I focused on the black demask table runner, and the color combo of black, white, and apple green.


I really love that burst punch (Martha Stewart).  And see that yummy ruffly ribbon ... it is from a past Secret Sister (thanks Linda!) and I've been trying to find a good use for it for a while now.  This elegant birthday tag was the perfect home for a bit of it!

Off to see what others created....
Donelda

10 comments:

Unknown said...

this is beautiful Donelda!!! I love the burst of green and ruffly ribbon adds even more elegance to your design. FABulous layout too! Thanks so much for playing along with my first challenge - I'm honored! :)

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous tag! That ruffled ribbon really is perfect on this.

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Dana said...

Lovely tag!! Love the way you added the pop of green!!!

Linda Palmer said...

I love this tag. It is so elegant and love the pop of green.

Annette Allen said...

very pretty..

Jaclyn Miller said...

-sigh- damask just never gets old. It's beautiful. So glad you popped in and played along at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag, love the pattern and colors :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Tee said...

ooh Love the damask!! Its just gorgeous!

Jessi Fogan said...

I've seen the burst punch before, and had no idea what I'd do with it...and now I see! Love it for that pop of green :) Beautiful tag!