Sunday, November 13, 2011

Crafty Creations Challenges - Color Challenge

Over on Crafty Creations Challenges the latest color combo challenge were definately my colours so I decided to play along.  The colors were Kraft/Brown, White/Cream, and one other colour.  I chose to use Brown and Cream with Orange thrown in for the other colour.


The leaves and tag are Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink) cardstock that was spritzed with water, crumpled, and then ironed.  I punched the little maple leaves out with a small punch I picked up from Michael's $1.50 bin - what a bargin!  Before punching the leaves, I sponged on a bit of Spiced Marmalade distress ink (Ranger).  The effect is awesome in real life.  The tag was hand drawn and cut from the same cardstock, just no sponging on it.

Supplies: Stamps-Take a Bough, Round &Round, Fancy Flourishes (Papertrey Ink); Ink - Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!), Spiced Marmalade (Ranger); Paper - Summer Sunshine (Papertrey Ink), Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up!), Au Chocolate patterned paper (Stampin' Up!),Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!), Dark Chocolate twill (Papertrey Ink); oval die (Spellbinders)

Since the CCC are looking for a Design Team and I did the challenge I figured I'd throw my name in to be considered.  Not holding my breath but it would be fun. 

Thanks for dropping by.
Donelda

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

The texture of the leaves on the branch is gorgeous, Donelda. What a beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Donelda, your card is gorgeous!! I love the way you used the colors and the lovely punched, sponged leaves!! I'm so glad you joined us for the challenge and for your interest in joining our team!
smiles,Deena

Linda Palmer said...

More beautifulness!! Not sure if that is a word but I also love these colors. Those flowers are so pretty, and the entire card is gorgeous.

marilynprestonn said...

Really pretty image Donelda. Sure love your beautiful talent for simply beautiful cardmaking. Thank you for your interest in the DT Call. :)Peggy