Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Take 3 Challenge - Pointsettia Flower - Take 3

Before I get to my Take 3 card, I am excited to announce that I made it onto the Crafty Creations Challege blog Design Team!  So excited to be on another team.  Can't wait to get going with them.  Drop over to the blog and check out this week's inspiration photo, it's awesome!!

Finally, the last day of this Take 3 Challenge ... and here is my Take 3 on using this lovely flower stamp from Papertrey Ink's Beautiful Blooms set.  Notice it is not a Christmas card!

These flowers were inked up with distress inks and cut out.  Check out the centers ... they are lovely brads that I have received from one of my secret sisters (thanks so much)!!

This card is actually created based on the card created by Julia Stainton shown on page 48 of the Nov./Dec. issue of Paper Crafts magazine.  It was so lovely I was totally inspired by it!  Julia's card is a Christmas card with stars on it, but I wanted to change that into a birthday card so used flowers.

Thanks so much for dropping by for my Take 3 Challenge this week.
Donelda

4 comments:

Imke said...

How beautiful, Donelda ! I like how you pop up the flowers. It looks great.

PS: I received my PTI order today ! Hooray !

Lindsey said...

So pretty, Donelda! I'm going to get my paws on that issue tomorrow, so I'll check out the original -- but this looks magazine-worthy to me!

Unknown said...

this is great donelda! i love the colors and the vine image background. this is beautiful!

Linda Palmer said...

Congratulations! It is a much deserved recognition of your talent. I'll go check it out. Love this card by the way.