Saturday, December 3, 2011

Crafty Creations Challenge #146 - Woodgrain and Reds

Today I have a card that fits 2 challenges.  I mean, look at these two inspiration photos ... how could I not use them at the same time??!!  Same colours and lots of rustic wood!!

The photo on the left is the inspiration photo from Crafty Creations Challenges #146 - such charm.
The photo on the right is the inspiration photo from Moxie Fab World - Tuesday Trigger - red and rustic.

I started out with a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock and using my Distress inks, created a woodgrain background.


I decided to use this sweet bird charm sent to me by one of my former Secret Sisters! 


 The reds and browns werecreated by using Distress inks direct to paper.  And I do love that burst punch by Martha Stewart!!

If you want to play along with either challenge:
or
Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger

Thanks for dropping in for a visit.  Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
Donelda

7 comments:

Unknown said...

this is a gorgeous card. that starburst punch is the perfect backer for that beautiful charm. love love love love love love love!

Unknown said...

oh! i forgot to mention how much i adore your distress ink-created background. it's amazing!

Lindsey said...

Your homemade woodgrain background is perfect! What a gorgeous bird charm. Wow!

Linda Palmer said...

Awesome card. Love the wood look,makes a beautiful background.
Beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

Great background Donelda!Perfect for these inspiration photos!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Donelda! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)w

Angela said...

Wow, great take on the awesome inspiration photos! That is really a cool, little charm too!