Monday, March 12, 2012

Lucy's Digital Inspiration - Digital #1 - Friends

Lucy is one of my favourite card makers.  She is amazing with her digital know-how.  And this past week, she has been sharing her secrets!!  Today she announced a challenge "Create a card that features some kind of digital element - paper or stamps.  To be eligible to win the prize, please use a Hero Arts digital product"

Well, it is hard to create a card using a Hero Arts digital product when you haven't bought any .. but then I remembered this freebie Friends Definition from Hero Arts!  I hope that counts! 


While my finished product is rather blahh ~~  I did have fun playing around. 

First I loaded up the definition and then played around with colour and brightness.  Then, I added this coffee cup (free from Market Street) which was printed off on some free digital paper from Tricia Chapman called So Lucky.  I also printed out the heart on some free digital paper from Brandy Buffington called Boho Chic.  I used a bit of the leftover red digital paper for my sentiment flag as well. 

A small bit of stamping (the coffee steam - Fancy Flourishes, Papertrey Ink and sentiment from Round and Round, Papertrey Ink)  a bit of twine (thanks Imke!!) and some Glossy Accents for the heart ... and voila, my first digital hybrid card following some of Lucy's great teaching tips! 

Okay, now I have to go practice ... cause clearly I need more work to make it look good!!  LOL!!

Head over to Lucy's blog and learn a thing or two!!
Donelda

5 comments:

Katy said...

I love this card! I thought I recognized that mug! I have it too :) You did a great job with the digis!

Lindsey said...

Not blah -- fun! You are obviously a collector of digital giveaways, too. ;)

Judi said...

Hi Donelda - saw your card on Lucy's site -- I used the Friends definition too -- it's a great freebie, isn't it? Love your coffee and the steam-y swirls :)

Angela said...

Really cool...love the text background!

Sandy said...

Really neat card - love the design!
sandy